It’s important that we keep our hands clean, especially now with everything that’s going on. A simple act like washing our hands can go a long way in keeping us and those around us safe and healthy. That’s why I wanted to share this sign with you. It’s a vertical sign that reminds people to wash their hands. Take a look:
Please Wash Your Hands
As you can see from the sign, it’s important to wash our hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This helps to remove germs and prevent the spread of illnesses like flu and COVID-19.
But why is handwashing so important? Well, our hands come into contact with a lot of things throughout the day – door handles, money, other people’s hands, and so on. And all of these things can carry germs that make us sick.
When we touch our faces with dirty hands, we can transfer those germs to our eyes, nose, and mouth – which is how illnesses can spread. That’s why it’s important to wash our hands regularly throughout the day, especially before we eat or touch our faces.
So, what’s the best way to wash our hands?
Here are the steps:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water.
- Apply soap and lather your hands by rubbing them together. Be sure to get the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. That’s about the amount of time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or allow them to air dry.
And that’s it! By washing your hands regularly, you’re taking an important step in keeping yourself and others healthy. So why not print out this sign and display it in a prominent place? It’s a simple way to remind people to wash their hands – and it could make a big difference.